Growing exposure and prestige
The Telstra Business Awards and Telstra Business Women’s Awards are Australia’s leading national business awards programs that attract thousands of entries each year from start-up, small, medium and regional businesses.
- Increase awareness and engagement;
- Drive an increase in nominations and entries;
- Achieve nationwide media coverage for finalists and winners;
- Highlight Telstra’s commitment to Australian businesses and business women.
What we did
We managed the communications program for the Telstra Business and Telstra Business Womens’ Awards for six years.
During this time we seed stories into the media (on and offline) about the success of the entrants. Each year we devised and conducted surveys of TBA and TBWA finalists on issues of concern to small business and business women that achieved national coverage.
Lighthouse introduced a national outreach program to Members of Parliament, resulting in their endorsement of the Awards, and encouraged nominations of outstanding local businesses and business women.
Additionally, we also introduced outreach programs to industry associations to encourage entries.
We created exclusive content for awards partner News Corp and Telstra’s own channels and PR activities such as a business women’s panel, achieving national coverage.
- Each year Lighthouse exceeded Telstra’s targets of improving total media coverage or delivering high-impact coverage in Tier 1 media channels for both programs. We achieved publicity for the Awards in metropolitan and regional print, radio, TV, online and trade media throughout Australia.
- Lighthouse drove new PR outcomes that increased Alumni participation;
- The prestige of the Telstra Awards National media coverage contributed to record conversion rates of nominations to entries.
- In 2015 we integrated the creation and publishing of traditional and digital content within the one organisation.